Fintech Seminar series, Fall 2018
The seminar series provides a holistic view of the different factors reshaping and redefining the financial industry and on new challenges and new opportunities.
The financial industry is facing new challenges and new opportunities stemming from
- digitalisation and new technologies, such as blockchain technology, platform technology, big data and data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence,
- the rapidly changing global, European and national landscape with new Fintech start-ups and large tech companies, and
- new regulation.
The seminar provides a holistic view on how these factors are powerfully reshaping and redefining the financial industry. The outcome of this development is unknown.
Several topical subjects will be presented by Finnish top experts on Fintech, representing both traditional financial institutions and start-up companies.
The seminar is free-of-charge and open to everyone. Welcome!
The seminar will take place in September and October 2018 in TUAS building, Lecture hall AS2, Maarintie 8, Otaniemi Campus. Otaniemi Campus Map (pdf).
Wednesday 19.9. at 16.15-17.45
- Olli Rehn, Governor of the Bank of Finland
Digital transformation in the financial industry: what’s good for the society?
- Asko Mustonen, If
Chatbots – how AI effects customer experience now and in the future
Wednesday 26.9. at 16.15-18.00
- Ari Kaperi, Head of Group Credit Risk Management, Country Senior Executive in Finland, Nordea Finland
Digitalisation – Changing risk landscape
- Hanno Nevanlinna, Futurice
New culture in finance demands new leadership
- Mika Vainio-Mattila, Digital Workforce Services
The workforce of the future will be digital – Implications for organisations today
Wednesday 3.10. at 16.15-17.45
- Piia-Noora Kauppi, President, Finanssiala
Europe & FinTech – The age of appenomics & ecosystems
- Mika Kuusela, OP Financial Group
Advanced experiences of Robotic Process Automation RPA as a tool of efficiency in a large financial group
Wednesday 10.10. at 16.15-17.45
- Matti Hellqvist, Senior Economist, Bank of Finland
Blockchain and distributed ledgers – bridges from theory to practice
- Juho Isola, Taviq
How to sell your Fintech ideas and make them a reality: skills, attitude, and other things you need in Fintech
Wednesday 17.10. at 16.15-18.00
- Henrik Husman, President, Nasdaq Helsinki, Vice President, Cash Equities
Products, Nasdaq Nordic
Nasdaq and exploration of innovative technologies today
- Sami Honkonen, Tomorrow Labs
Building a digital, blockchain-based real estate trading platform
- Alexander Yin, TCG
Presentation on Fintech and AI in China
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, School of Science, Department of Industrial Engineering and Management
For students: see MyCourses, TU-EV Fintech Seminar 2018, 1-3 credit units